Thursday, February 11, 2010

AT-AT Walker Lamp

The dynamic Swiss product design team called Lifegoods, headed by lead designers: Oliver Burgisser, Sophie Depery, and Singal Moesch, had just released a new lamp design that they call the AT-AT Walker. As suggested by its name, the design is inspired by the AT-AT Walkers in George Lucas’s Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back. The influence is clear with the lamps long legs and rectangular "body", but the design definitely could not be a combat vehicle. When I first saw a picture of the lamp i though it was actually a table with a glowing drawer. There is no explanation as to how the lamp operates on the designer's website but from my observations it seems as if the lighted part does act very much like a drawer. When open it illuminates and when closed it turns off. Also I'm not sure about the actual height of the lamp but with its long legs it seems like it is a floor lamp rather then a table lamp. Overall I think it is an interesting design, I just wish that there was more information on the product such as dimension, price, how to buy, ect. I looked for other AT-AT Walker inspired design the only thing I came across was his guy's AT-AT Walker DIY Loft Bed for his Star Wars loving son. (See original core77 post here.)


No comments:

Post a Comment