Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Stitch Lamp

I'm a pretty crafty person and I have been needlepointing and knitting for quite a while. That is why the Stitch Lamp caught my attention while browsing core77. LampGustaf, a Swedish company, came up with the idea this DIY lamp art piece. Basically, it is a white drum shade with a grid of holes drilled into it. The shade comes with 8 different colors of yarn so the user can create their own needlework pattern on the shade. The shade is available in two different shapes: portrait and landscape. The product will be for sale in May and LampGustaf will also offer downloadable pattern online as well as a photo gallery of other user's creations. Depending on the price, I would be interested in buying this product. The design of the shade itself is very simple, a cylinder with drilled holes, and I think I could create my own, but I'm not too sure about the whole electrical part.
(See original core77 post here.)
If there are any other people interested in knitting, sewing, needlepointing, or any other needlework check out The Purl Bee. It is great blog filled with projects, tips, book reviews, and ideas for crafty people. The site is affiliated with the NYC Purl knitting and fabric stores in Soho. I love their knitting stores and I love finding new patterns and ideas from their blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment